Premium Alfalfa Grab & Go® Compressed Bales are formed by allowing Standlee Premium Western Forage® to grow to the proper stage of maturity, cutting the plants, allowing them to sun-cure (dry) to an acceptable moisture level and baling the forage at the optimal time. Standlee Premium Western Forage® creates Grab & Go® compressed bales of forage from a large 4’x4’x8’ bale that is put through a press, sliced horizontally, pushed onto a scale, weighed, compressed, banded and then shrink-wrapped. Alfalfa forage is low in sugar, moderately high in protein, high in calories and digestible fiber.
Growing (rapid growth) and underweight horses, horses sensitive to carbohydrates, horses with gastric ulcers and late in pregnancy and lactating mares.
Crude Protein, Min 16%
Crude Fat, Min 1.5%
Crude Fiber, Max 30%
Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Alfalfa Forage
- Weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount. This is especially important with baled and compressed forage since similar volumes of forage (a flake for example) vary in weight.
- Cut the bands on compressed bales 8 to 10 hours before feeding to allow the bale to expand to avoid overfeeding.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee Premium Western Forage® over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee Premium Western Forage®.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Western Forage®, or consult with your veterinarian.
Click here for Tips for Feeding Compressed Bales
Click here for Feeding Instructions for Other Animals
**PICTURE MAY NOT BE ACTUAL REPRESENTATION!
PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. CALL FOR UP TO DATE PRICING & AVAILABILITY