Mineral and vitamin supplementation is necessary for horses for several reasons:
- Required for digestion and utilization of feedstuffs and for most metabolic processes
- Due to mineral depletion of soils, feedstuff nutrient value is lower
- Mineral and vitamin content of forages varies greatly
- Due to vitamin-mineral interactions, these nutrients need to be supplied in the correct amounts and proportions to achieve optimum performance
StaySTRONG Metabolic Mineral Pellets are built upon the rock-solid foundation of GROSTRONG®Minerals (since 1925) with electrolytes and enhanced with direct fed microbials to boost fore gut efficiency and Prosponse®brewers dried yeast, known to improve digestibility of forage components in the hindgut.The convenient pellet form is formulated for a one pound per day feeding rate and can be fed alone or in combination with other Forage First®feeds and supplements. This proprietary formula enables horses to synergistically accelerate the digestive process in the stomach and small intestine where maximum absorption takes place.
The dual-action benefits are:
- More efficient metabolism of nutrients from the entire ration – resulting in availability of more nutrients and cost savings.
- Less acidity and stress in the hind gut with more efficient digestive activity – reducing the risks of the number one and two killers (colic and founder) of horses.
An added bonus with StaySTRONG Metabolic Mineral Pellets is the corn-, alfalfa-, and molasses-free formula,which allows “easy keepers” and starch-sensitive horses to receive needed nutrients without the extra calories and starch commonly found in traditional horse feeds. And, one pound of StaySTRONG Metabolic Mineral Pellets provides half the daily vitamin E required from natural-sources, the most bio-potent form available.
StaySTRONG Metabolic Mineral Pellets are available in crunchy, salty, apple-flavored pellets.
How Much is Needed? 1 to 2 lb per 1,000 lb horse (see Instructions for Feeding).
Crude Protein, min. 10.0%
Crude Fat, min. 2.0%
Crude Fiber, max. 22.0%
Acid Detergent Fiber, max. 28.0%
Neutral Detergent Fiber, max. 40.0%
Calcium (Ca), min. 3.0%
Calcium (Ca), max. 4.0%
Phosphorus (P), min. 1.4%
Copper (Cu), min. 400 ppm
Selenium (Se), min. 5 ppm
Selenium (Se), max. 6 ppm
Zinc (Zn), min. 1,500 ppm
Vitamin A, min. 55,000 IU/lb
Vitamin D3, min. 5,000 IU/lb
Vitamin E, min. 500 IU/lb
Biotin, min. 15 mg/lb
Starch, max. 12.0%
Sugar, max.* 3.7%
*Ethanol Soluble Carbohydrates; Hall, et al. 1999. A method for partitioning neutral detergent soluble carbohydrates. J.Sci. Food Agric. 79:2079–2086.
Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings, Salt, Dicalcium Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate,Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Defluorinated Phosphate, Ferrous Sulfate, Vegetable Oil, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate, Brewers Dried Yeast(Saccharomyces Cerevisiae), Dried Whey, Rice Hulls, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement,Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, d-alpha TocopherylAcetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin D3Supplement, Vitamin B12Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Sodium Propionate (A Preservative),Zinc Methionine Complex, Manganese Methionine Complex, Copper Lysine Complex,Cobalt Glucoheptonate,, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated,Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Bifidobacterium Thermophilum Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sodium Selenit
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FEEDING:
Feed StaySTRONG Metabolic Mineral Pellets at the rate of 0.1 to 0.2% of body weight per horse daily (1 to 2 lb per 1,000 lb horse) along with 2.5 to 3.5% of body weight of good-quality hay (25 to 35 lb for a 1,000 lb horse) or pasture equivalent. Provide clean, fresh water at all times.
Feeding options include:
- Feed alone with forage to overweight, starch-sensitive, and easy keeper horses.
- Feed in combination with HEALTHY GLO®or MOORGLO®and good-quality forage to horses doing light to moderate work, or if additional calories are needed to maintain body condition.
- When feeding less than recommended amounts of JUNIORGLO®, PRIMEGLO®, POWERGLO®, SENIORGLO®,Patriot®Ultra-Fiber™, or Patriot®Performance Horse Feeds, add StaySTRONG Metabolic Mineral Pellets for additional metabolic (vitamin/mineral, electrolyte, and digestive) support for maximum performance of any horse.
For custom feeding recommendations, call the Equine Nutrition HELPLINE at 800-680-8254.
WARNING: This feed contains copper. Do not feed to sheep or other copper sensitive species. Follow label directions. Feeding added selenium at levels in excess of 0.3 ppm in the total diet is prohibited.
NET WEIGHT: 40 lbs
**PICTURE MAY NOT BE ACTUAL REPRESENTATION!
PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. CALL FOR UP TO DATE PRICING & AVAILABILITY