Premium Nutrition for Senior Horses is made with a fixed formulation using uniform, premium quality ingredients for a consistent, superior product. SENIORGLO combines stabilized rice bran, GROSTRONG vitamins and minerals, soybean hulls and beet pulp (highly digestible fiber sources), and additional nutrients. Premium Nutrition for Senior Horses, Brood Mares and Working Horses age 4 and older.
- Since senior horses may be less efficient at absorbing or utilizing certain nutrients, SENIORGLO is formulated with specially selected and combined ingredients to meet nutritional challenges faced by many senior horses
- Concentrated formula allows streamlined feeding – forage-to-concentrate ratio can be adjusted to fit you horse’s needs
- 14% protein, 8% fat and no more than 20% crude fiber
- Formulated free of starch from whole corn grain
- Also excellent for growing horses and broodmares
- P.U.R.P.O.S.E. Driven TechnologySM, a combination of unique components chosen specifically for their beneficial impact on horse performance and health.
- Energy supplied from stabilized rice bran, vegetable oil and highly digestible fiber sources (no corn grain in formula)
- Does not contribute to metabolic and digestive disorders, “grain high” disposition and thermal load
- Adds body condition and contributes to hair coat shine and “bloom”
- Contains GROSTRONG® Vitamins-Minerals
- Zinpro®* 4-Plex®* complexed zinc, manganese, copper and cobalt have higher bioavailabilities and may impart benefits for immunity, skeletal growth and hoof integrity
- 0.3-1 lb per 100 lb of body weight daily feeding rate
Crude Protein, min 14.00%
Lysine, min 0.70%
Crude Fat, min 8.00%
Crude Fiber, max 20.00%
Calcium (Ca), min 0.70%
Calcium (Ca), max 1.10%
Phosphorus (P), min 0.60%
Salt (NaCl), min 0.85%
Salt (NaCl), max 1.35%
Copper (Cu), min 30 ppm
Selenium (Se), min 0.6 ppm
Zinc (Zn), min 150 ppm
Vitamin A, min 5,000 IU/lb
Vitamin D3, min 550 IU/lb
Vitamin E, min 250 IU/lb
Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings, Stabilized Rice Bran, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, SoybeanMeal, Cane Molasses, Ground Flax Seed, Wheat Germ Meal, Lignin Sulfonate, DriedBeet Pulp with Molasses, Vegetable Oil, Salt, Brewers Dried Yeast (SaccharomycesCerevisiae), Calcium Salts of Fatty Acids, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide,Sodium Propionate (A Preservative), d-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate and dl-alphaTocopheryl Acetate (sources of Vitamin E); Extracted Citric Acid Presscake, SodiumSelenite, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Manganous Oxide, Monocalcium Phosphate,Dicalcium Phosphate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Defluorinated Phosphate, FerrousSulfate, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement, ThiamineMononitrate, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, d-alpha TocopherylAcetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin D3Supplement, VitaminB12Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, L-Lysine, DL-Methionine,Ascorbic Acid, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated,Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product Dehydrated, BifidobacteriumThermophilum Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Enterococcus FaeciumFermentation Product Dehydrated, Zinc Methionine Complex, Manganese MethionineComplex, Copper Lysine Complex, Cobalt Glucoheptonate.
SENIORGLO Horse Feed is a pelleted concentrate for senior horses, broodmares, adult horses, and growing horses. Feed as specified in the table below with good-quality forage, which is free of dust and mold. Provide fresh, clean water and a GROSTRONG Minerals for Horses product according to feeding recommendations. See bag for additional details. For more information, call 1-800-680-8254.
*Lb per 100 lb of Body Weight / SENIORGLO Horse Feed / Good-Quality Hay**
– Maintenance: 0.30 / 2.0–3.0
– Light work: 0.50 / 2.0–3.0
– Moderate work: 0.75*** / 2.0–3.0
– Heavy work: 1.00*** / 2.0–3.0
Geriatric Horses: 0.40–0.80 / 1.5–2.5
Broodmares: 0.30–0.80 / 2.0–3.5
Growing Horses: 0.20–0.80**** / 1.5–2.0
Adjustments to feed intake should be based on body weight, condition and activity of the horse, and forage quality and avail-ability. Do NOT exceed feeding recommendations. If more energy is needed in the total ration, we recommend adding aHEALTHY GLO®product or MOORGLO®Limited Starch Supplement according to product feeding recommendations. Any feed changes should be made gradually over a 7–10 day period. Changes in rate of feeding should not exceed 1 pound per horse daily. SENIORGLO Horse Feed is also an excellent feed for use in broodmare and growing horse rations. Call the Nutrition HELPLINE at 1-800-680-8254 for free horse feeding suggestions.
* A GROSTRONG Minerals for Horses product should be fed according to product feeding recommendations or provided free-choice in granular, block, or QuadBLOCK®form.
** Forge First Alfalfa or Timothy/Alfalfa Cubes can be used as a good-quality hay source at the rate of 85%–90% of the amount suggested for long-stemmed hay (for example, 11–17 pounds daily for a 1000 lb horse). The cubes can be soaked for horses that have trouble chewing long-stemmed hay.*** We recommend adding a Premium Hi-Fat Supplement, such as MOORGLO or HEALTHY GLO according to label instructions.
**** A high-protein supplement like StaySTRONG™ 33 Ration Balancer should be fed with SENIORGLO to growing horses according to label instructions or feed JUNIORGLO to horses three years of age or younger.
CAUTION: Consumption of this product by sheep and goats may result in copper toxicity. Follow label directions. Feeding added selenium at levels in excess of 0.3 ppm in the total diet is prohibited.
NET WEIGHT: 50 lbs
**PICTURE MAY NOT BE ACTUAL REPRESENTATION!
PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. CALL FOR UP TO DATE PRICING & AVAILABILITY